A good friend’s mother is 100 years old! She takes every opportunity she can to celebrate any holiday and birthday and anything else that comes around. So, having the chance to enjoy the festivities of Christmas is just a great treat for her and her family obliges!
Here in the northern hemisphere, July is a special time of year where friends and family get together to celebrate the warm weather and each other’s company. One of the July activities that everyone can enjoy is to celebrate Christmas In July!
In the southern hemisphere, July is their winter. So many living there can celebrate Christmas twice a year!
No matter where you live, July can be the perfect time to give your friends and family something they’ll cherish for years to come.
Christmas in July started 84 years ago on July 24th and 25th in 1933 at a girls’ camp called Keystone Camp in Brevard, North Carolina.southerliving.com
In this article we’ll go over some really good ideas to help you make the most out of this fun holiday.
When Is Christmas In July Celebrated?
There is no specific date in July to celebrate your mid-year Christmas holiday. You can do so anytime during the month! So work with and / or for your senior loved ones to make the July Christmas as much fun as the December one.
Take a look through our list here of Christmas in July ideas for parties, for gifts, etc. and you can then celebrate with your loved one!
What Countries Traditionally Celebrate Christmas In July?
There are basically 6 countries that celebrate this mid-year holiday. If you’re not celebrating it where you live, maybe you can start a new tradition!
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
If you live in any of these countries and your senior loved one is in an Assisted Living facility or any other type of community – mention to the staff there that this could be a fun event to hold every year.
Christmas Tree Decorations For July
The fastest way to get into the Christmas spirit is by putting up some fun July decorations and giving gifts!
So, pull out those boxes of decorations and gather up your friends and family and start brainstorming what you can give them that will make their holiday season even more special.
Whether it’s a homemade gift or something you picked up at the store, they’ll be sure to appreciate your thoughtfulness. So get your shopping lists ready and start spreading some holiday cheer!
Go ahead and put up a Christmas tree. Not a real one of course, that would be weird (and probably impossible). But, you could put up a small fake tree and decorate it with all sorts of fun ornaments and lights.
It doesn’t even have to be a traditional looking tree. You can go with a palm tree (like this one) if you like! It’s already lit and ready to go!
This would make for a great holiday decor in your home or office, and it would be a fun way to show your holiday spirit.
Christmas in July is the perfect time to give your living room a little makeover. It’s a great time to shop for those big ticket items like a new sofa or coffee table.
And, if you’re feeling really ambitious, you could even paint the walls!
Whatever you do, just make sure your living room is ready for all the holiday festivities. After all, it’s the most popular room in the house during Christmas time!
14 Christmas In July Party Ideas
Here are some fun ideas on how to throw a Christmas in July party for your friends and family!
1. Make it a potluck party (even more fun with this basket) so everyone can contribute their favorite holiday dish. Sprinkle fake snow on your serving table (and anywhere else) to make the atmosphere more “Christmas like”.
2. Decorate your home with Christmas lights and decorations. You can use summer themed ones if you like.
3. Instead of having to buy Christmas gifts, why not ask everyone to bring their least favorite gift they received last year?
4. Play Christmas music to get everyone in the spirit.
5. Have a crafting table where everyone can make their very own advent calendars.
6. For really hot days, you can stay safe and enjoy a movie binge indoors of Christmas movies!
7. If you enjoy summer camping (or anytime) then consider getting away to someplace like Keystone Camp in Brevard, North Carolina. You can celebrate your Christmas in July there!
8. Another great place to celebrate Christmas in July is New Zealand!
Some New Zealanders can’t get enough of Christmas–they celebrate it twice each year: on 25 December and in July, which is mid-winter in New Zealand. So if you go to New Zealand in July, you may find hotels and restaurants fully decorated for Christmas.ego4u.com
9. Have a Secret Santa exchange with family and friends.
10. Serve up some holiday-themed cocktails like a Christmas in July Punch.
11. Instead of an ugly Christmas sweater party make it an ugly shorts party or ugly summer wear party. You can even substitute that “Ugly Sweater Contest” for the “Ugliest Summer Clothes” contest! Or just funny tshirts!
12. Have a contest for the best decorated Christmas tree or gingerbread house. There are lots of other good options that you can come up with for contests!
13. Give out prizes for the best holiday-themed costumes.
14. Serve up cold Red Zinger iced tea (instead of the usual hot chocolate). Or, if you want to stick with chocolate, try this recipe for Iced Chocolate!
For even more ideas, read our article, Christmas In July Ideas For Seniors.
9 Best Christmas In July Gifts
If you’re looking for the perfect Christmas in July gift, look no further! We’ve got plenty of ideas for you, whether you’re looking for a festive way to celebrate the holiday or a unique present for someone special.
One reason to mark your calendar for Christmas in July is because it’s a great time to get a head start on your holiday shopping! You can find some great deals on holiday gifts for everyone on your list.
So whether you’re looking for something special for someone special, or just want to save a few bucks, Christmas in July is the perfect time to do your shopping.
Just because it’s not December doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate the holidays! Christmas in July is a great opportunity to show your loved ones how much you care. Here are some great gift ideas to get you started:
1. A festive mug or glass. Whether you choose a traditional red and green design or something more unique, a Christmas mug or glass is a great way to show your holiday spirit.
2. Christmas-themed candy. From candy canes to chocolate Santas, there are tons of delicious options to choose from. These can be the perfect stocking stuffer gifts.
3. A festive T-shirt. Whether you want to wear it yourself or give it as a gift, a Christmas T-shirt can be the perfect gift for someone.
4. A Christmas-themed book. Whether it’s a classic like “The Night Before Christmas” or a new favorite, a Christmas book is the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit.
5. A festive decoration. From trees to wreaths to stockings, there are tons of ways to decorate your home for Christmas.
6. A Christmas-themed game. Whether you’re a fan of Monopoly or prefer something more unique, there are tons of great games to choose from.
7. A holiday movie. From “Elf” to “The Polar Express,” there are tons of great movies to watch during the holiday season.
8. A fun holiday piece of clothing. Whether it’s a sweater or a pair of holiday-themed socks, wearing something festive is a great way to show your holiday spirit.
9. A Christmas-themed food or drink. You don’t have to serve eggnog or hot chocolate on a hot summer day (unless you want to!). But there are still many wonderful holiday looking food and drinks you can serve.
4 Christmas In July Gifts To Make
Whether you’re looking for a gift for a friend or family member, or you just want to make something special for yourself, these Christmas in July gifts are sure to please. From sweet treats to festive decorations, there’s something for everyone on your list.
Engaging seniors in home made crafts is such a wonderful way to spend time together, to create memories and a wonderful opportunity to bond.
You can also begin working on homemade Christmas gifts for December!
Mason jar gifts – There are so many things that you can do with mason jars, and they make great gifts. Fill them with treats, or use them to make homemade candles or soaps.
Christmas cookies – This is a classic gift that everyone loves. Make a batch of your favorite cookies and package them up in a festive box or tin. Or, try out these fun cookie kits.
Gift basket – Put together a basket of whatever your recipient may like. It could be food or gag gifts or just about anything! You can use this kit to help you create a fun and professional looking gift basket.
Christmas decorations – For the crafters in your life, why not try your hand at making some Christmas decorations? These snowflakes are beautiful and easy to make. Or, if you’re feeling ambitious, you could try your hand at making a gingerbread house.
3 Unique Christmas In July Gifts
1. Christmas bulb necklace – A fun little gift for someone who appreciates the laughter that a gift like this can bring.
2. Christmas-themed pajamas – cozy up in style this holiday season! Get one set of pajamas for each person in the family for those funny holiday photos.
3. An outdoor welcome flag – Let the neighborhood know that YOU celebrate the holidays in July with this cute welcome flag.
9 Christmas In July Gag Gifts
Are you looking for the perfect Christmas in July gag gift? Look no further than this list of hilarious gifts that will have your friends and family laughing all season long!
1. A set of Santa Claus pajamas – a great option for those who want to be cozy, funny AND festive! Check out these pajamas!
2. A reindeer onesie – perfect for those who want to get into the Christmas spirit (or just look ridiculous)!
3. A burrito blanket – I don’t think anyone else would come up with a gift like this! It’s both practical and funny. Check it out here.
4. A pair of holiday-themed socks – some fun Christmas socks are ideal for those who love getting cozy by the fireplace!
5. A “Santa’s helper” hat – perfect for those who want to help out with the Christmas preparations (or just look like a elf)! A funny Santa’s hat is a fun gift to get and to give!
6. A set of Christmas-themed playing cards – ideal for those who love gaming or gambling (or both)! Seniors love to play cards and why not! It can be played by most anyone and it can be a brain stimulating task. Check out these great holiday playing cards.
7. A Christmas-themed tie – perfect for those who have to dress up for work during the holidays (or just want to look dapper)! Your guy will love his new and funny Christmas tie.
8. A box of chocolates shaped like a reindeer – ideal for those with a sweet tooth (or just a love for all things Christmas)! This great gift from Lindt has chocolate reindeers, teddy bears, santas and snowmen!
9. A “Naughty or Nice” items – there are some funny ways to let others know if you’ve been naughty or nice this year! Check these out.
For those of us who just love the Christmas holiday and can’t seem to get enough of it, celebrating it twice a year sounds like a great idea! So get your Christmas in July gifts ready and enjoy the festivities all over again. Who knows, maybe you’ll start a new tradition!
List Of Items Mentioned In This Article
Here is a list of the products that we mentioned in this article. Just click on the image to get more information about each item.
Christmas Palm Tree
Potluck Party Basket
Summer Themed Christmas Decorations
Advent Calendar Kits
Christmas Movie Sets
Gingerbread House Kit
Red Zinger Tea
The Night Before Christmas
Polar Express Movie
Mason Jar Gifts
Fun Cookie Kits
Make Your Own Basket Kit
Homemade Christmas Decorations
Christmas Bulb Necklace
Funny Santa’s Hat
Christmas Playing Cards
Funny Christmas Tie
Naughty or Nice
So, think about making Christmas In July a traditional holiday that you can enjoy with senior loved ones and the rest of the family. It’s a great way to stay connected and show your loved ones how much you care.