A good friend’s mother is 100 years old! She takes every opportunity she can to celebrate any holiday and birthday and anything else that comes around.
So, having the chance to enjoy the festivities of Christmas is just a great treat for her and her family obliges!
Here in the northern hemisphere, July is a special time of year where friends and family get together to celebrate the warm weather and each other’s company.
One of the July activities that everyone can enjoy is to celebrate Christmas In July!
In the southern hemisphere, July is their winter. So many living there can celebrate Christmas twice a year!
No matter where you live, July can be the perfect time to give your friends and family something they’ll cherish for years to come.
Christmas in July started 84 years ago on July 24th and 25th in 1933 at a girls’ camp called Keystone Camp in Brevard, North Carolina.southerliving.com
In this article we’ll go over some really good ideas to help you make the most out of this fun holiday.
When Is Christmas In July Celebrated?
There is no specific date in July to celebrate your mid-year Christmas holiday. You can do so anytime during the month! So work with and / or for your senior loved ones to make the July Christmas as much fun as the December one.
Take a look through our list here of Christmas in July ideas for parties, for gifts, etc. and you can then celebrate with your loved one!
What Countries Traditionally Celebrate Christmas In July?
There are basically 6 countries that celebrate this mid-year holiday. If you’re not celebrating it where you live, maybe you can start a new tradition!
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
If you live in any of these countries and your senior loved one is in an Assisted Living facility or any other type of community – mention to the staff there that this could be a fun event to hold every year.
Christmas Tree Decorations For July
The fastest way to get into the Christmas spirit is by putting up some fun July decorations and giving gifts!
So, pull out those boxes of decorations and gather up your friends and family and start brainstorming what you can give them that will make their holiday season even more special.
Whether it’s a homemade gift or something you picked up at the store, they’ll be sure to appreciate your thoughtfulness. So get your shopping lists ready and start spreading some holiday cheer!
Go ahead and put up a Christmas tree. Not a real one of course, that would be weird (and probably impossible). But, you could put up a small fake tree and decorate it with all sorts of fun ornaments and lights.
It doesn’t even have to be a traditional looking tree. You can go with a palm tree (like this one) if you like! It’s already lit and ready to go!
- Lifelike Design: The palm tree features a beautiful curve and a brown trunk that mimics the natural growth characteristics of palm trees. Its lifelike design adds a touch of authenticity and charm to any space.
This would make for a great holiday decor in your home or office, and it would be a fun way to show your holiday spirit.
Christmas in July is the perfect time to give your living room a little makeover. It’s a great time to shop for those big ticket items like a new sofa or coffee table.
And, if you’re feeling really ambitious, you could even paint the walls!
Whatever you do, just make sure your living room is ready for all the holiday festivities. After all, it’s the most popular room in the house during Christmas time!
14 Christmas In July Party Ideas
Here are some fun ideas on how to throw a Christmas in July party for your friends and family!
1. Make it a potluck party (even more fun with this basket) so everyone can contribute their favorite holiday dish. Sprinkle fake snow on your serving table (and anywhere else) to make the atmosphere more “Christmas like”.
- MULTI-PURPOSE MARKET TOTE: Heavy-duty canvas polyester tote measures 19x12x10″; Perfect as a pie carrier, insulated carrier, thermal food carriers, insulated totes, travel carry bag, and more
2. Decorate your home with Christmas lights and decorations. You can use summer themed ones if you like.
- Summer Gnome Wood Ornaments Set: the package contains 60 pieces of luau decorative hanging ornaments and 60 pieces of hemp ropes, including 10 different styles pattern and each style have 6 pieces, each wooden pendant measures about 3.5 x 1.8 x 0.1 inches. Enough quantity and styles for you to decorate your home
3. Instead of having to buy Christmas gifts, why not ask everyone to bring their least favorite gift they received last year?
4. Play Christmas music to get everyone in the spirit.
- Audio CD – Audiobook
5. Have a crafting table where everyone can make their very own advent calendars.
- 🎁 BEAUTIFUL ADVENT CALENDAR DIY SET: Our Advent calendar for adults and kids accompanies you through the festive season. Do-it-yourself blank Advent calendar – with wonderfully designed stickers!
6. For really hot days, you can stay safe and enjoy a movie binge indoors of Christmas movies!
- Jodie Sweetin, Brendan Fehr, Marc Blucas (Actors)
7. If you enjoy summer camping (or anytime) then consider getting away to someplace like Keystone Camp in Brevard, North Carolina. You can celebrate your Christmas in July there!
8. Another great place to celebrate Christmas in July is New Zealand!
Some New Zealanders can’t get enough of Christmas–they celebrate it twice each year: on 25 December and in July, which is mid-winter in New Zealand. So if you go to New Zealand in July, you may find hotels and restaurants fully decorated for Christmas.ego4u.com
9. Have a Secret Santa exchange with family and friends.
10. Serve up some holiday-themed cocktails like a Christmas in July Punch.
11. Instead of an ugly Christmas sweater party make it an ugly shorts party or ugly summer wear party. You can even substitute that “Ugly Sweater Contest” for the “Ugliest Summer Clothes” contest! Or just funny t-shirts!
- Officially Licensed Disney Lilo & Stitch Christmas Apparel
12. Have a contest for the best decorated Christmas tree or gingerbread house. There are lots of other good options that you can come up with for contests!
13. Give out prizes for the best holiday-themed costumes.
For even more ideas, read our article, Christmas In July Ideas For Seniors.
9 Best Christmas In July Gifts
If you’re looking for the perfect Christmas in July gift, look no further! We’ve got plenty of ideas for you, whether you’re looking for a festive way to celebrate the holiday or a unique present for someone special.
One reason to mark your calendar for Christmas in July is because it’s a great time to get a head start on your holiday shopping! You can find some great deals on holiday gifts for everyone on your list.
So whether you’re looking for something special for someone special, or just want to save a few bucks, Christmas in July is the perfect time to do your shopping.
Just because it’s not December doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate the holidays! Christmas in July is a great opportunity to show your loved ones how much you care. Here are some great gift ideas to get you started:
1. A festive mug or glass. Whether you choose a traditional red and green design or something more unique, a Christmas mug or glass is a great way to show your holiday spirit.
2. Christmas-themed candy. From candy canes to chocolate Santas, there are tons of delicious options to choose from. These can be the perfect stocking stuffer gifts.
3. A festive T-shirt. Whether you want to wear it yourself or give it as a gift, a Christmas T-shirt can be the perfect gift for someone.
4. A Christmas-themed book. Whether it’s a classic like “The Night Before Christmas” or a new favorite, a Christmas book is the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit.
- Hardcover Book
5. A festive decoration. From trees to wreaths to stockings, there are tons of ways to decorate your home for Christmas.
6. A Christmas-themed game. Whether you’re a fan of Monopoly or prefer something more unique, there are tons of great games to choose from.
- Relive the hilarious movie Elf featuring the journey of Buddy The Elf from the North Pole where he passed the seven levels of the candy cane forest, through the sea of swirly-twirly gum drops, and then through the Lincoln Tunnel
8. A fun holiday piece of clothing. Whether it’s a sweater or a pair of holiday-themed socks, wearing something festive is a great way to show your holiday spirit.
- Brighten up your holiday with some Crew Socks, Cozy Socks, Plush Fuzzy Toe Socks or Knee High Socks. Classic santa claus ,cute elk ,colorful snowflake, reindeer, & fun different novelty patterns designs.
9. A Christmas-themed food or drink. You don’t have to serve eggnog or hot chocolate on a hot summer day (unless you want to!). But there are still many wonderful holiday looking food and drinks you can serve.
4 Christmas In July Gifts To Make
Whether you’re looking for a gift for a friend or family member, or you just want to make something special for yourself, these Christmas in July gifts are sure to please. From sweet treats to festive decorations, there’s something for everyone on your list.
Engaging seniors in home made crafts is such a wonderful way to spend time together, to create memories and a wonderful opportunity to bond.
You can also begin working on homemade Christmas gifts for December!
Mason jar gifts – There are so many things that you can do with mason jars, and they make great gifts. Fill them with treats, or use them to make homemade candles or soaps.
- Pack of 8 :Each set comes with 8 individually packaged mason jar mugs with a 16 ounce capacity, complete with mason jar lids, eight chalkboard label, each manson jar with sliver plastic caps and handle.
Christmas cookies – This is a classic gift that everyone loves. Make a batch of your favorite cookies and package them up in a festive box or tin. Or, try out these fun cookie kits.
- Bundle includes one Ugly Sweater Cookie Mix (11.5 ounces) and one Ninja Gingerbread Cookie Kit (9.5 ounces)
Gift basket – Put together a basket of whatever your recipient may like. It could be food or gag gifts or just about anything! You can use this kit to help you create a fun and professional looking gift basket.
- EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE: 5 PCS Market tray cardboard baskets, 5 PCS red bows for any occasion and 5 PCS good quality plastic bags all included in this kit to make gift baskets as easy as possible.
Christmas decorations – For the crafters in your life, why not try your hand at making some Christmas decorations? These snowflakes are beautiful and easy to make. Or, if you’re feeling ambitious, you could try your hand at making a gingerbread house.
3 Unique Christmas In July Gifts
1. Christmas bulb necklace – A fun little gift for someone who appreciates the laughter that a gift like this can bring.
- THE TRUE ORIGINAL | Often imitated, never duplicated–not even close! Protected by US Patent Number: 10,064,461. The one and only Christmas Bulb Necklace by Windy City Novelties. It’s made using our exclusive private mold. Wearing it will change your life. How? It’s hard to explain. You’ll see. 2500+ reviews can’t be wrong. Great for Christmas parties, celebrations, secret Santas soirées, ugly Christmas sweater parties, and more! Great as a costume accessory. Batteries included and installed.
2. Christmas-themed pajamas – cozy up in style this holiday season! Get one set of pajamas for each person in the family for those funny holiday photos.
- Matching Family PJs Sets: Show a united front and make the season merrier when you wear our fun matching Christmas PJs sets for family and matching Christmas pajamas for couples! It even comes with a nonslip slipper socks to complete the holiday look.
3. An outdoor welcome flag – Let the neighborhood know that YOU celebrate the holidays in July with this cute welcome flag.
- ❤ [Durable] : our home garden’s flags are made of machine washable polyester , Weatherproof and non-fray durability.
9 Christmas In July Gag Gifts
Are you looking for the perfect Christmas in July gag gift? Look no further than this list of hilarious gifts that will have your friends and family laughing all season long!
1. A set of Santa Claus pajamas – a great option for those who want to be cozy, funny AND festive! Check out these pajamas!
- COMFORTABLY WARM AND SNUG: These adult onesie pajamas are made using ultra-soft synthetic material that feels incredibly cozy and keeps you warm during those cold nights.
2. A reindeer onesie – perfect for those who want to get into the Christmas spirit (or just look ridiculous)!
- Zip or Button front placket
3. A burrito blanket – I don’t think anyone else would come up with a gift like this! It’s both practical and funny.
- Professional Design: Our giant tortilla throw blanket 2.0 with a more realistic tortilla pattern and a comfortable single-layer design, when you are wrapped inside, the soft and warm tortilla wrap blanket will make your friends jealous – they also want to be giant human tortilla. Funny gifts for teen girl and teen boy.
4. A pair of holiday-themed socks – some fun Christmas socks are ideal for those who love getting cozy by the fireplace!
- SOFT & FUZZY & COZY : The women fuzzy slipper socks is blend of high quality materials, super soft coral velvet inner design, It’s very soft, comfortable and breathable, no itching issue. It’s a great gift and also a perfect socks for women.
5. A “Santa’s helper” hat – perfect for those who want to help out with the Christmas preparations (or just look like a elf)! A funny Santa’s hat is a fun gift to get and to give!
- Size: 12″ 15inch; Material: Premium cotton; Product includes: 2 elf leg hat
6. A set of Christmas-themed playing cards – ideal for those who love gaming or gambling (or both)! Seniors love to play cards and why not! It can be played by most anyone and it can be a brain stimulating task.
7. A Christmas-themed tie – perfect for those who have to dress up for work during the holidays (or just want to look dapper)! Your guy will love his new and funny Christmas tie.
- 100% polyester poplin fabric
8. A box of chocolates shaped like a reindeer – ideal for those with a sweet tooth (or just a love for all things Christmas)! This great gift from Lindt has chocolate reindeers, teddy bears, santas and snowmen!
- Contains 1.7 ounce (pack of 4) that includes hollow Lindt Milk Chocolate Mini Santa, Reindeer, TEDDY Bears, Snowmen, and Elves
9. A “Naughty or Nice” items – there are some funny ways to let others know if you’ve been naughty or nice this year!
- Adjustable Lightweight High Quality Triangle Dog Bandana
For those of us who just love the Christmas holiday and can’t seem to get enough of it, celebrating it twice a year sounds like a great idea! So get your Christmas in July gifts ready and enjoy the festivities all over again. Who knows, maybe you’ll start a new tradition!
This article has affiliate or sponsored links. If you buy something through those links we may earn a small commission. This won’t cost you extra. We only recommend things we really think are good, not just to make money. For more details, see our Affiliate Disclaimer.