We all love to get into our comfy slippers when we’re home but when you’re older – you also want to make sure that those wonderful slippers are also the right size and are non-slip.
A study in 2003 at the Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute concluded that…
…many older people who have had a fall-related hip fracture were wearing potentially hazardous footwear when they fell.Sherrington and Menz in PubMed
It simply makes sense for older women (and men too) to wear non-slip slippers when at home. After all, if you can help to prevent a potentially serious injury just by using something that is so simple and inexpensive – wouldn’t you do it?
What Are The Best Types Of Slippers For Older Women?
The 3 best types of slippers that I recommend for older women are…
- With Back Support – these are slippers that have a back support of some kind.
- Bootie Slippers – these have a higher support around the ankle
- Sock Slippers – these are socks with grippers
The types of slippers that should be avoided (in my opinion) are…
- With No Back Support – slippers that are open in the back are just too easy to slip out of and trip over
- With Smooth Soles – always choose the type of shoes that offer a non-slip / non-skid sole
- Wrong Size – wearing shoes that are too big or too small can cause a lot of problems for seniors besides just tripping over them.
Our List Of Top Rated Non-Slip Slippers For Senior Women
So here’s our list of the top rated non-slip slippers that we recommend for senior ladies.
Ultraideas Memory Foam
- COMFY WOOLEN BLEND COTTON UPPER for ultimately breathable along with closed back heel keep warmth in. These house slippers provide good all-around coverage of the whole foot while still have enough elasticity to fit them well, little to no clunky feeling when walking on hard surfaces.
These wonderful slippers have a warm fleece lining, anti-slip rubber soles and can be worn indoors and outdoors which makes them great if you have a backyard that you enjoy being in.
In addition – they also have a memory foam built in which helps to make them very comfortable to wear.
Vero Monte Slippers
- Genuine VERO MONTE Trademarked Socks Product – Design and Quality by VERO MONTE FASHION LLC of U.S.A. – In Business Since 1998. – This product is the best bet of VERO MONTE for 2023.
These slippers remind me of the kind my mother use to knit for us in the winter except these are much safer and with a plush lining and foam padded sole and grippers it’s definitely an upgraded version of those old knitted slippers.
Wishcotton Memory Foam House Shoes
- Lightweight Construction – Largest size weighs just 0.8 lb a pair. The slippers keeps you light on your feet as you go about your daily chores in the house.
Meeting all the safety requirements of a back heel and a non-slip sole – these great slippers come with a memory foam cushion lining making them so comfortable to wear that you won’t want to take them off.
Dearfoams Microfiber Velour Slippers
- CLOUD-LIKE CUSHIONING: Dearfoams slippers are designed with a multi-density cushioned insole with memory foam, bringing you instant comfort and relaxation.
Who wouldn’t like a little feeling of luxury? These velour slippers can give you that. The velour material covers the slipper inside and out. It also has a memory foam insole and a non-slip sole.
Just be careful about what size to order – apparently there is some confusion because they list sizes as small, medium and large with some variations in between.
Wishcotton High Top Slippers
- Felt upper and fleece lining with pleated snowy fleece collar lock the warmth for your feet and ankle in this chilly winter but help stay away from stuffiness. This must be a very warm winter with bootie slippers. Size Tip: We strongly suggest you order one size up for more comfort if you are a half size or have wide feet!
If you or your senior loved one needs a little ankle support – these may do the trick. They also have all the great characteristics of memory foam insole plus non-slip rubber sole. A popular slipper!
Best Non-Skid Socks
- Newest Design: Stylish design on the instep and anti-skid firctions on the bottom, provideing an absolutely effective anti-skid effect, perfect for Yoga, Pilates, Barre, Bikram, Ballet, Fitness, etc.
If slippers just aren’t your thing and you would rather wear socks then I would recommend to get the non-skid type and ones that I can recommend are these by Muezna.
They are actually meant to be used for Yoga and Pilates but they can certainly work for casual wear in your home as well.
I hope this list of non-slip slippers for elderly women can help you to choose the safest and best slippers for yourself or a senior loved one.
This article has affiliate or sponsored links. If you buy something through those links we may earn a small commission. This won’t cost you extra. We only recommend things we really think are good, not just to make money. For more details, see our Affiliate Disclaimer.