Getting older means we want to stay in our own homes, but sometimes our homes need a few changes to keep us safe and happy.
These things aren’t just to keep you from getting hurt; they also help you stay independent and feel good living in your own home.
- Upgraded Base and Lamp Head: The newly upgraded tall lamps for living room has a metal base that is heavy enough to keep it firmly placed. And it is balanced on a low pile carpet or hard floor without feeling top-heavy. With a higher quality lamp head, no flashing and blue light. Protect the eyes of you and your family. The office floor lamp are specially designed to provide bright, non-dazzling lighting.
One of the most overlooked issues when aging-in-place is lighting.
As we all grow older, we need more and more light to see safely. So, bright lights like this lamp can help greatly.
- ANTI-SLIP TREATMENT LASTS UP TO 3 YEARS: Ensure the safety of your loved ones by eliminating the risks of slips, trips, and falls on slippery or non-sealed surfaces. Our anti slip floor treatment and floor cleaner liquid offer a reliable solution to combat dangerous conditions, even in wet environments, for up to 3 years! Enjoy the safe and sufficient grip you need for years to come.
Making floors anti-slip can involve changing the floors entirely or using a product like Stone Grip.
- 3.5″ Large Display Seeing Your Baby in Viewing Control – We listened to the feedback from parents, guardians, nanny, and caregivers when manufacturing our video baby monitor.This baby monitor is equipment with 3.5 inch large display in consideration of smaller screen may be difficult to cover baby’s full view.The Kidsneed SM935A is a baby monitor with camera features such as Pan-Tilt-Zoom. With the controls, you can always have a clear view of your baby from any angle or a close look.
For some families, the need to monitor their senior loved ones becomes necessary.
Sometimes that requires a camera, sometimes it just means checking in every so often, etc.
Get Organized and Declutter
- 【Slide Out Design】- The under sink organizer is designed to be pulled out which is more convenient to use than other normal storage organizers. The bottom slide-out drawer design will make picking and taking more flexible and easier in limited space.
Organizing the items in your home and decluttering (getting rid of what you don’t need or use) goes a long way to help make your home safer for you.
- NON-SLIP STAIR RUG: Multi-purpose Stair mats to use the TPE Non-Skid backing on dry floor, helping it to stay in place on your floor, it won’t slip or scuff floors. Low profile design so doors won’t get stuck.Perfect for homes with pets (dogs or cats) or kids.
In addition to adding non-slip stair treads on your steps there is one other item that you can use – glow in the dark tape!
- There’s no need to plug it in, so you can put it anywhere you like.
We’ve written extensively about the Simplisafe product and both Robin and I use it throughout our homes.
We love it’s portability, it’s ease of use and how very simple it is to install.
- Powerful heat that fits everywhere: Dreo space heaters for indoor combines Hyperamics 1500W advanced PTC system with a new heat funnel design to deliver heat within seconds and enhance warm air circulation for up to 200% farther reach than traditional heaters.
During the colder months, many of us use portable heaters to get warm.
But leaving one one for an extended time can be dangerous, so we recommend only using space heaters with a timer, like the one above.
This article has affiliate or sponsored links. If you buy something through those links we may earn a small commission. This won’t cost you extra. We only recommend things we really think are good, not just to make money. For more details, see our Affiliate Disclaimer.