These days, making a home senior-friendly is not too difficult and won’t necessarily make it look like a hospital room.
There are many wonderful products and gadgets that we can all use to make our homes safer and our lives easier.
My List Of Favorite Kitchen Gadgets
Electric Jar Opener
- 【It works on all size of lids】Easy to open lids from 1.2inch-3.5inch,The electric jar opener is made of sturdy Internal stainless steel material to ensure it is durable
If your elder needs to open jars often – this is a very handy product. Easy to use and works great.
Electric Can Opener
- ELIMINATES SHARP LID EDGES — This electric can opener cuts cans along the side for smooth, touchable lids;The lid can be re-used to store leftover canned food in the refrigerator
Many older adults are used to using an electric can opener like this one.
- Reliable material: these vegetable peels are made of quality 304 stainless steel blade and soft rubber finger grip, serviceable and sturdy to use, wear-resistant and rust proof, lightweight and portable to peel, good material can serve you long time
These are a very easy way to peel fruit and vegetables.
Reachers aka Grabbers
- 2 Pack 26″ Featherweight The Original Reacher. Our reacher extends your reach by 26 inches. You can reach higher and lower than normal without having to strain yourself.
These have been around for several decades and they do work very well but I would recommend to consider the person you are asking to use this.
If their balance is not good while they are standing, if they are using a cane or a walker – the use of a reacher grabber may compromise their balance.
If they can use this from a sitting position – it would be much safer.
- ▶High Power Magnification: This magnifying glass provide 30X magnification, it is a great magnifying equipment for daily reading.
This is a great tool to have. It may seem odd to keep a magnifying glass in the kitchen but I hung one in my mother’s pantry and it was used quite often.
Reason was that it was difficult for her to read the instructions or ingredients on products in boxes and cans so having that right there was very handy.
Small Bake Pans
- 4-PIECE TOASTER OVEN SET: Comes with an 8.4″ x 6.5″ sheet pan, 7.6″ x 5.5″ rack, 8.4″ x 6.5″ cake pan, and 6-cup muffin pan for all your toaster oven essentials
It’s very difficult to cook for one person but using mini muffin pans, mini bundt pans and small cookie sheets, etc. all work very well to make smaller versions of our favorite dishes.
Also, they are much easier to manage and to clean.
Cut Resistant Gloves
- Protect your hand from cuts and abrasions—The high performance cut resistant material HDPE is adopted and the gloves is awarded with the highest EN388:2003 level 5 (EN388:2016 Level C) cut resistance certification. 10 times stronger than normal gloves.
Sharp utensils are one of the top causes of kitchen accidents. One way to avoid lacerations from sharp knives is by wearing these cut resistant gloves while cooking.
- Extra Large Display with 3 Brightness – A large 7.8in digital white LED display with clear numbers allows it easy to read even from across a room. 2.3in tall big numbers comes with 3 levels of brightness: Dim/Medium/Bright to meet your different needs, which makes it a nice digital timer for kitchen, home gym, classroom, school and other occasions
It’s always a good idea to have several timers in the kitchen.
These days though – it’s quite easy to use the voice search devices like Alexa or Google Home.
Milk Carton Holder
This works well for some seniors if they have a problem lifting a heavy milk carton.
But in general, I would recommend to try to purchase smaller sized versions of everything (juice, milk, etc.)
This article has affiliate or sponsored links. If you buy something through those links we may earn a small commission. This won’t cost you extra. We only recommend things we really think are good, not just to make money. For more details, see our Affiliate Disclaimer.