Below is a list of tools and products that can help to make your bedroom safer for older adults.
Non Slip Rugs
- 🍀【Plush Low Pile】This bedroom area rug is incredibly soft and versatile. It can be used as a bedside rug for a cozy sleep, or placed in front of the sofa as a comfortable spot for relaxation and family time. It also works perfectly as a bathroom mat, providing a soft and comfortable feeling for your feet. Additionally, it can serve as a door mat, pet mat, or children’s play mat. Make sure to choose the right size for your needs!
Low pile rugs are better for older adults simply because they are easier to maneuver with a cane and/or a walker.
- Arms swing out of the way for easier lateral transfers on and off the commode
Some seniors may need a bedside commode if they are unable to walk all the way to their bathroom.
Back Support Items
- 【HELPFUL FOR SURGERY RECOVERY】If you’re recovering from surgery and experiencing pain, discomfort in your neck or spine, or simply want to relax and enjoy a peaceful sleep at home, then the Ganaver pillow wedge is exactly what you need!
I purchased this for my mother and she absolutely loved it!
Although it comes with multiple products, you don’t have to use them all, but they certainly are very comfortable when you do.
A Heat Reflective Blanket
This is a thermo-conductive material similar to the reflective “blankets” that runners use to warm up before or after a race.
This particular blanket warms the user about 20 percent quicker than a traditional blanket because it radiates the person’s body warmth back to them.
- 💖【Soft Bed Rails】Easily set up beside the bed, it provides double-sided protection to prevent elderly adluts patients from falling off the bed or entrapment of railing, effectively improving safety and preventing injuries.
Some older adults need a safe method to keep them from falling out of bed and bed bolsters may be the solution for them.
- You receive Two ORANGE Jumbo Everyone’s favorite flexible fun-in-the-sun toy.
Jumbo pool noodles may also be an alternative for some senior adults.
- Bed assist easy to use, and prevent falling, just slide it under the mattress, also includes strap for security – fits all beds, king queen, twin – fits any size thickness of mattresses – can be installed both sides of the bed
A bed rail like this one shown here was what my mom-in-law used for many years. She always said that it helped her tremendously.
- 【PREMIUM MATERIAL】 – Topcee weighted blanket is made of soft breathable microfiber material and filled with 0.8-1 mm non-toxic hypo-allergenic glass beads. This blanket could providing a cooling sensation in the summer & a breathable warmth in the winter.
A weighted blanket is not for everyone, but if you find that it helps to reduce your anxiety and helps you to sleep, then it’s a great tool.
- ENHANCED SAFETY AND STABILITY: Feel the confidence with each step! Our step stool with its enhanced stability feature ensures that you, or your loved ones, can navigate daily tasks without the fear of wobbling or slipping, providing peace of mind for the entire family. PELEGON adjustable step stool with handle is lab tested, and can hold up to 300LB. Great for getting in and out of bed.
For those of you who have a tall bed, it may be helpful to use steps like this. Just be very careful.
Air Mattress Pad
- DOCTOR RECOMMENDED RELIEF FOR BED SORES & ULCERS: Providing relief from bed sores and ulcers caused by extended bedrest, the alternating pressure mattress instantly promotes increased circulation and helps manage skin maceration. The variable pressure mattress evenly distributes weight and relieves pressure spots–instantly improving your loved one’s quality of life. Perfect for immobilized or weak patients who cannot shift their weight frequently.
For older adults who spend a lot of time in bed, an air mattress can help to prevent bed sores.
- 【Heel Protector】 Provides cushioning, protection and fixation for ankles and heels, ensuring that your feet are in the proper position. Avoid skin irritation and friction burns, but also can relieve edema, ulcers, pressure sores, rashes, etc. It is especially suitable for patients who need to stay in bed after surgery.
Again, for older adults who may spend a lot of time in bed, these heel protectors can help to keep sores from developing on your heels.
This article has affiliate or sponsored links. If you buy something through those links we may earn a small commission. This won’t cost you extra. We only recommend things we really think are good, not just to make money. For more details, see our Affiliate Disclaimer.