For elderly adults, a safe bathroom environment is crucial to maintain independence and prevent injuries.
To address these needs, a variety of products and tools have been developed to make bathrooms safer and more accessible for seniors.
- Enhance bathroom safety- Shower grab bars for seniors enhance bathroom safety. For the elderly and those suffering with mobility issues, a grab bar makes bathing a safer experience.
Grab bars like this one are important to have throughout the bathroom.
Not only in the shower or the bathtub, but anywhere else that someone may need them to help them stand up, sit down and/or steady themselves while they are standing.
Standing Security Pole
- Prevent Falls: The Security Pole provides safety and stability when standing and sitting, stepping over bathtub or shower ledges, or getting into bed; the curved grab bar rotates and locks into position every 45 degrees; supports up to 300 pounds
If a grab bar just doesn’t fit in with the layout of your bathroom, you may find a bar like this one more useful.
Suction Grab Bars
- ✅ 2024 Latest Safety Upgrade Shower Grab Bar: Crafted through extensive testing and upgrades in a top-tier bathroom factory, our 2024 Upgraded Shower Grab Bar stands as the latest and safest addition to the 2024 market. Ideal for use with a Shower chair or shower bench, enhancing your safety in the bathroom, bathtub, shower, and toilet. grab bars for bathtubs and showers, grab bars for bathroom, grab bars for elderly for wall.
I am not a fan of suction grab bars, I feel that they give a false sense of security.
They are not meant to hold your full weight and all the ones that I have tested all require to be re-mounted almost every day.
But, some individuals like to have something that is easy to install and can help them to steady themselves while standing.
Bathroom Fan Switch With Timer
- Automate the shut off operations of all types of lights including LEDs, CFLs, fans and heaters at the time pre-set
It’s easy to forget that the bathroom fan is left on. Leaving a fan on for too long can potentially cause a fire.
So, a fan switch that has a built in timer is a great solution.
Motion Sensor Lights
- Energy-saving Smart Night Light. AUVON smart night light has 2 modes operated by an independently working dusk to dawn sensor and motion sensor, which is perfect for the bathroom, corridor, stairs, bedroom, children’s room, kitchen, etc. With a maximum power consumption of 1.3w and an annual cost of less than 2 cents (based on 20cents/kWh), it is energy-saving and environmentally friendly.
A motion sensor night light can be extremely helpful for older adults anywhere throughout the house.
Single Lever Faucets
- This single handle bathroom faucet will serve as the perfect stylish addition to your home. Featuring a polished chrome finish that offers a mirror-like, highly-reflective shine that reflects your personal style and complements a wide range of bath decor styles.
A single lever is much easier to manage than two knobs.
- 👶【Keep safe from sharp coners】:Thickened design baby Proof Corner Guards,Stop Child Head Injuries from Tables, Furniture and Sharp Corners.The clear corner protectors can widely Use yours on wood, metal, marble or glass furniture. Recommended Age :0-48 month old.
If your vanity / sink area has sharp corners, you may want to “soften” them by adding corner guards like these.
Touchless Soap Dispenser
- Water-resistant battery-operated automatic soap dispenser with 17 oz. capacity container. The 4*AA alkaline batteries are not included.
A hygienic, hands-free device that automatically dispenses soap with a motion sensor, minimizing effort and reducing the spread of germs, ideal for elderly individuals with limited mobility or dexterity.
- [Soft and Comfortable] Immerse yourself in unparalleled comfort with our memory foam bath mat. The soft flannel surface and dense memory foam filling ensure your feet stay cozy and warm, offering a sensation akin to stepping on clouds
For rugs by the bathtub, shower and sink, you absolutely want ones that are non-slip. If possible, you also want them to be as thin as possible to make it easier to maneuver with a walker.
This article has affiliate or sponsored links. If you buy something through those links we may earn a small commission. This won’t cost you extra. We only recommend things we really think are good, not just to make money. For more details, see our Affiliate Disclaimer.