Invisawear Smart Jewelry – these days, GPS and wearable alert devices don’t have to look clunky – this beautiful necklace is a piece of jewelry that is also a safety device acting like a panic button! It can be worn as a necklace, a bracelet or on a key chain..
There is no monthly fee to pay. The only costs are the initial product and the replacement of the battery which normally lasts one year.
Please also be aware that your InvisaWear component has a battery designed to last one year and after the year is over, your InvisaWear component will need to be replaced. Replacement components are offered at a discount ($99). – Invisawear.com
It’s a GPS device that acts like a panic button to alert your contact list and / or 911 (which is optional and also free) of an emergency and also to provide them with your GPS location.
NOTE: The 911 feature is only currently available in the United States.
How Does Invisawear Work?
This elegant alert device has the following features:
- You activate the alarm by simply double pressing the back of the pendant. This sends a text message along with your GPS coordinates immediately to the individuals you designated on your emergency contact list.
- You set the Invisawear charm up via an app on your smartphone. NOTE: In order for Invisawear to work your smartphone must be within 30 feet of the product.
- When you set it up you can add up to 5 individuals to be contacted when you activate the alarm.
- You can also set up the option to contact 911 Dispatchers in your area. There is no cost for this and it’s an option in addition to contacting your personal contact list.
- It’s sweat and weather resistant and although it is water resistant it is NOT waterproof. Which means you can get caught in the rain with it but don’t shower with it.
- Because it’s a Bluetooth paired item – it will only work if the smartphone it’s paired to is nearby (within 30 feet)
- No need to recharge the battery (the battery lasts 1 year)
- There is no monthly fee.
- It can work in other parts of the world but I would recommend to confirm that by contacting Invisalign either by calling them at 888-362-5512 or filling out their online form.
- For more information about Invisawear – check their website FAQs here.
How Do You Set Up An Inviswear Product?
Prior to the set up process I would recommend that you contact the individuals you want to add as your emergency contacts. Of course you want to ask them if it’s okay to do that and to let them know that they will be getting a text message from Invisawear that they need to answer in order to be verified on your list.
- Once you have received the product you can begin the setup process.
- On your smartphone, create a new contact on your contact list and name it Invisawear Emergency.
- The home phone number for this contact is 202-858-1911.
- The work phone number is 203-889-9956.
- Then select the ringtone you want for this contact.
- Then select the option to turn on the Emergency Bypass option.
- Download the Invisawear app onto your smartphone.
- Launch the app and click start.
- Click on Sign Up at the bottom of your screen and follow the prompts.
- Once you have gone through the screens and verified your phone number you can then start creating your profile (name, email, phone, password, etc.) This is the information that will show up on the 911 Screen in case of an emergency.
- You will then be asked to add an emergency contact. You can add them individually or you can just allow the Invisawear app to access your list of contacts that are on your smartphone. Follow the prompts.
- The next step is to pair (connect) your Inviswear product to the app on your phone. So, when the app asks “Invisawear” Would Like To Access Your Contacts, replay with OK. When you choose someone – send the text message that the Invisawear app creates to your contact to let them know what you are doing how they should respond in case they are contacted.
- You will then be asked to allow Invisawear to access your location. You want to respond with Always Allow.
- At this point you should be able to pair the phone to your Invisawear device. You can know name that device. If you have any problems with this step – contact the Inviswear customer support email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll know see a Test Alert page on your phone. Follow the prompts to test if it’s been set up correctly and is working.
- Your set up is complete. But I do urge you to test the phone to see if it will contact the people you designated to be alerted in case of an emergency.
How To Wear Invisawear
One additional item that I can recommend for older adults is to add a magnetic clasp to the Invisawear necklace. This makes it much easier to put on and take off for anyone who has problems managing small jewelry clasps. I know that I do so this makes it quick and easy for me to wear any type of jewelry.
What makes the Invisawear product so amazing is that it’s essentially a small charm that can be worn on a necklace or a bracelet or a keychain. It’s the smart new way to wear an alert device without looking as if you are wearing one.
Note: I prefer the necklace vs. the bracelet simply because Invisawear’s technology could be damaged if it comes in contact with water. It’s much more likely that you can get it wet if you wear it on your wrist vs. if you wear it around your neck.
There are a few varieties of Inviswear Smart Jewelry available. click on the one you are interested in for more information.
I would not recommend this product for someone with Dementia or Alzheimer’s. They may not be cognitively aware enough to know that they have to double click the pendant in order to activate it.
Also, someone with Parkinson’s or severe arthritis may also not be able to physically double click the pendant quick enough to activate it.