Invisawear Smart Jewelry – these days, GPS and alert wearables don’t have to look clunky – this beautiful necklace is a piece of jewelry that is also a safety device!
This great product is a piece of jewelry that can be worn as a necklace or a bracelet.
It’s free to use – no monthly fee. It’s a GPS device to alert your contact list and / or 911 (which is optional and also free) of an emergency and also to provide them with your GPS location.
How Does Invisawear Work?
This elegant alert device has the following features:
- You activate the alarm by simply double pressing the back of the pendant. This sends a text message along with your GPS coordinates immediately to the individuals you designated on your emergency contact list.
- When you set it up you can add up to 5 individuals to be contacted when you activate the alarm.
- You can also set up the option to contact 911 Dispatchers in your area. There is no cost for this and it’s an option in addition to contacting your personal contact list.
- It’s sweat and weather resistant.
- Because it’s a Bluetooth paired item – it will only work if the smartphone it’s paired to is nearby.
- There is no battery to charge.
- There is no monthly fee.
- It currently only works within the USA
- For more information about Invisawear – check their website FAQs here.
How Do You Set Up An Inviswear Product?
- Once you have received the product you can begin the setup process
- On your smartphone, create a new contact on your contact list and name it Invisawear Emergency. The home phone number for this contact is 202-858-1911. The work phone number is 203-889-9956. Then select the ringtone you want for his contact. Then select the option to turn on the Emergency Bypass option.
- Download the app onto your smartphone
- Launch the app and click start.
- Click on Sign Up at the bottom of your screen and follow the prompts.
- Once you have gone through the screens and verified your phone number you can then start creating your profile (name, email, phone, password, etc.) This is the information that will show up on the 911 Screen in case of an emergency.
- You will then be asked to add an emergency contact. You can add them individually or you can just allow the Invisawear app to access your list of contacts that are on your smartphone. Follow the prompts.
- The next step is to pair (connect) your Inviswear product to the app on your phone. So, when the app asks “Invisawear” Would Like To Access Your Contacts, replay with OK. When you choose someone – send the text message that the Invisawear app creates to your contact to let them know what you are doing how they should respond in case they are contacted.
- You will then be asked to allow Invisawear to access your location. You want to respond with Always Allow.
- At this point you should be able to pair the phone to your Invisawear device. You can know name that device. If you have any problems with this step – contact the Inviswear customer support email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll know see a Test Alert page on your phone. Follow the prompts to test if it’s been set up correctly and is working.
- Your set up is complete. But I do urge you to test the phone to see if it will contact the people you designated to be alerted in case of an emergency.
How To Wear Invisawear
What makes the Invisawear product so amazing is that it’s essentially a small charm that can be worn on a necklace or a bracelet. It’s the smart new way to wear a medical alert device without looking as if you are wearing one.
There are a few varieties of Inviswear Smart Jewelry available. click on the one you are interested in for more information.
I would not recommend this product for someone with Dementia or Alzheimer’s. They may not be cognitively aware enough to know that they have to double click the pendant in order to activate it.
Also, someone with Parkinson’s or severe arthritis may also not be able to physically double click the pendant quick enough to activate it.