This wonderful program serving the area of North Hempstead, NY provides valuable services to the seniors and their family caregivers. With over 50,000 older residents living in the Town of North Hempstead, they have a large community that can benefit from these services.
The goal of Project Independence is to provide information and services for seniors on how they can successfully age in place in their own homes.
Project Independence is a program of the Town of North Hempstead’s Department of Services for the Aging (DOSA). The mission of Project Independence is to assist and enable aging residents 60 and over, of the Town to remain in their own homes and familiar surroundings as they grow older, if this is their choice.Project Independence Brochure
On February 4, 2022, both Robin and Esther were interviewed by the Project Independence Radio Show! The topic was about Alexa devices and how they can help seniors to be as independent as possible.
It was a great interview, with some wonderful questions and both Robin and I were tickled pink to be asked to speak on their radio show. And of course to learn about this great program that they are providing for their residents.
Here’s our broadcast! You may be surprised to learn of all the wonderful things that Alexa devices can do for you (and your family). If the video does not show up for any reason – click here for the link.
Services Provided By Project Independence
I wanted to give you a list of the great services that this wonderful program, Project Independence provides for their community.
- Social Work and Nursing Services
- Exercises classes and various social groups
- Pioneer newsletter and radio show (WCWP Studios YouTube)
- Counseling and support groups for Veterans
- Discounted rides to medical appointments (via local cab companies)
- Free transportation for food shopping (via local cab companies)
- A handyman service program
- Health screenings
- Community education programs focused on senior issues
- Computer training programs
Project Independence is also continuously working to add more and more services for their residents.