Christmas is just around the corner, and if you’re like most people, you’re probably scrambling to find the perfect gift for your family members.
Sometimes, the best part of Christmas isn’t the gifts we receive, but the joy of giving to others. If you’re scrambling to find a last minute gift for your grandma and grandpa, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered.
Last-minute gifts for grandparents can be tricky, but there are a few fail-proof options that are sure to please. A gift card to their favorite restaurant or store is always a great way to gift for your grandparents.
Or you could put together a basket of their favorite things – think snacks, movies, books, etc.
If you’re really stuck, a nice mug filled with Christmas cookies or a festive mug with their favorite hot drink mix can be a great option.
Just remember, sometimes the most perfect Christmas gift ideas involve spending time with them! Giving the gift of your time can be the best thing your grandparents get!
You can’t give a personalized gift, because that takes time but that doesn’t mean that some of the most thoughtful gifts could be any of these last-minute gift ideas.
Whatever you choose, make sure it’s from the heart and your grandparent is sure to love it.
Here are some great last-minute Christmas gift ideas for grandparents that they’re sure to love.
Christmas Gifts For Grandparents
Delicious Fruit Baskets
- Orchard favorite fruits in a beautiful presentation for all occasions
Consider a delicious fruit basket as a thoughtful and convenient last-minute gift for your grandparents, offering a blend of health and sweetness.
There are all kinds of gift cards that you can give. To their favorite store, restaurant even the grocery store! It may not be some of the most unique gifts, but they can certainly be the most useful.
- 24-fluid ounce bottle with pump of Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion + Pro Ceramide, contains shea butter and glycerin, moisturizes to help restore skin’s moisture barrier for healthier-looking skin
My late husband used a lot of lotion. He would go through about 2 bottles a month. So one year, for Christmas I bought him 24 bottles of his favorite lotion! It was a great Christmas gift idea!
Hydro Flask Water Bottle
- INSULATED SPORTS WATER BOTTLE: Goodbye sweat! The double wall insulation makes the Iron Flask sweat-free! It keeps your drink COLD for up to 24 hours, and HOT for up to 12 hours. *NOTE: ONLY the 14 Oz, 18 Oz, & 22 Oz fit in cupholders*
The majority of older adults don’t drink enough water. So, why not help to make sure they get enough to drink by gifting this a beautiful and practical water bottle.
Both my mother and my mom-in-law love crackers and cookies and always have them in the house. So, why not buy them online or head down to the grocery store and get them a nice large supply!
Shoulder Heating Pad
- An Ideal 2lb Weighted Heating Pad for Sore Neck and Shoulder: The NIUONSIX weighted neck and shoulders heating pad use pure stone seed as weighting material, which helps to mold to the body more readily. The ergonomic-healthy 2 lb weight load design offers a deeper relaxation and helps to reduce neck, shoulder, and upper back pain in daily work life.
For many older adults, general aches and pains are just part of growing older. So, if your grandparents suffer from these, especially in the neck and shoulder area – gift them this weighted neck and shoulder electric heating pad.
For A Best Friend Grandparent
- Picture Frame Measures: 7 1/2″ x 9 1/2″ and holds a 5″ x 7″ photo. Orientation: Horizontal (Landscape) photo
Is your grandpa or grandma your best friend? Then why not gift them this beautiful frame proclaiming our Besties relationship!
Microwave Safe Steamer
- 🍅100% SAFE MATERIAL – Euchoiz vegetable steamer is made from high-quality food-grade silicone that can be high heat resistance up to 480°F. Steam your veggies quickly and easily without having to buy and throw steam bags. Best of all, we use the BPA Free material, always put you and your family’s health at first.
I don’t know about your grandparents, but the ones that I know LOVE to use their microwave for just about everything. Here’s a great steamer bowl that can make it easy and safe to steam vegetables in the microwave.
A Great Microwave Accessory
- AS SEEN ON SHARK TANK: Safe Grabs is the ORIGINAL heat-resistant multi-purpose silicone microwave mat.
Older adults’ skin is usually a bit more delicate (and thinner) than their younger counterparts so a hot cup, bowl or plate in the microwave can easily burn them. Here’s a great little gadget that can help to prevent that.
For New Grandparents
- Top-quality natural wood. Engraved (carved, not printed)
First time grandparents deserve some special little momentos like this one.
Gift Them Their Regular Services
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: Designed and made in the USA using premium paper and print – the kind of quality you want for gifting!
Maybe your grandparents go to Walgreens every month, or get a haircut, or get their lawn cut. Why not gift them a month’s worth of services that they regularly use?
- item weight: 8.0 ounces
If your grandparents have a sweet tooth, then why not gift them a jar of their favorite sweets.
A Cozy Blanket
- Enjoy your family happy hours with RHF warm flannel fuzzy blankets. This blanket delivers happiness and positive spirit, reminds you that your friends and family are always with you
I love snuggling under a cozy blanket on a cool winter night and I’m sure your grandparents do too! This beautiful Sherpa blanket can help to keep them warm.
Last Minute Christmas Presents For Grandpa
It always seems just a bit more difficult to get a gift for the men in our lives and that includes our grandfathers. And if you are getting something at the last minute, it just means that it’s a little bit harder!
So here are some ideas on what Christmas gifts you can get for your grandpa at the last minute.
- 4 Regal Entertainment Group Premiere Movie Tickets – No Expiration!
Either get them online or head out to your local movie theater to get him some movie tickets. Better yet, put them in a card with a promise that you will go with him!
The Gift Of Comfort
- FUNNY DESIGNS: Each pair of pajama pants features a humorous design, often paired with a cartoon and punny saying. These novelty pants are sure to make you laugh with their clever jokes.
If your grandpa enjoys a good relaxing day, then a set of pajamas can help him to feel relaxed and comfortable all day long!
Lowe’s Hardware Store
If your grandfather enjoys tinkering around the house like my husband used to, then he probably spends a great deal of time at either Lowe’s or Home Depot. Anything from these stores, or even a gift certificate can make for a great gift.
For The Golfer
- Manufactured from PET resin
I know an older grandfather who lives and breathes golf! Although it may be difficult to buy him something golf related (probably has everything), how about gifting your grandpa a month of golf lessons or games of golf?
Adult Lego Sets
- Fans can celebrate Disney Mickey Mouse’s 90th anniversary with this Steamboat Willie model toy, featuring steam pipes that move up and down and paddle wheels that rotate when the boat is pushed along, an adjustable crane and lots of authentic details.
When I retire, I am going to create a Lego room just so that I can build some of these amazing Lego sets! Believe me, Lego is not just for kids anymore!
Bonsai Starter Kit
- FREE EXTRA SEEDS!! Avergo’s bonsai starter kit comes with 2 additional seed packets in addition to the 5 standard ones
If your grandfather always wanted to work on a Bonsai tree, then gift him this starter kit! It’s a great activity to do all year long. Perfect project to de-stress!
Spend Time With Them
Give your grandparents the gift of your time. Do activities with them, schedule a class of ceramics or painting or Tai Chi with them. They will love you for it!
The Gift Of Cocktails
- STYLISH BAR DECOR: Upgrade the design of your home bar with this automatic drink dispenser that is one of the few bar accessories that delivers on design and practicality. The plastic drink dispenser is vintage 50s red design with a push down pump dispenser that delivers your drink smoothly and is one of the great man cave accessories
If your grandpa enjoys a late afternoon cocktail, then why not gift him a novelty liquor dispenser like this one? Head on out to the liquor store and get him his favorite drink or drinks of choice.
A Gift For Him And You
I never knew my grandfathers so I missed out on their lives and their life stories. If you have the great luck of growing up with a grandfather, why not encourage him to give you his life story. You will end up seeing him in a brand new way!
If He Loves Grilling
- Funny apron for dad who loves to grill and keep the patios spotless; Perfect for cooking, grilling, picnics, parties, BBQ, camping and more
If your grandfather loves to grill then why not gift him this great fun apron to wear when he’s out there working on his craft!
Last Minute Christmas Presents For Grandma
If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably left your Christmas shopping until the last minute. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there! Sometimes it’s hard to know what to get our loved ones, especially when they seem to have everything they need.
If your grandma is anything like the ones that I know, she loves receiving heartfelt gifts that show how much she means to you. With that in mind, here are a few last minute present ideas that are sure to make her smile this Christmas.
- A beautiful photo album for a special grandma to use to put photographs of their special moments in.
Grandparents (especially grandmothers) love photos and all the memories that go with them. So, get yourself a photo album like this one and pack it full of photos that you know she will love.
For Her and You
You may want to treasure all of your grandmother’s recipes and she would love the fact that you want them. So gift her a recipe book like this so she can write down all her (and your) favorites!
For You And Her
Learning about the lives your grandparents have led can certainly change your perspective about who they are. Learn about your grandmother with this great book.
- ✔LARGE CAPACITY ORGANIZER – This knitting bag has an inside compartment for putting unfinished project and 6 small compartments for skeins. 6 grommets on top where you can thread yarn through. 3 sets of Velcro straps to keep the yarn in place when not working. (Bag Only，No Accessories Included)
If your grandma loves to knit or crochet, then why not gift her this wonderful Yarn Totes bag. You can fill it with new supplies from online or head out to your local craft store.
Plants For Grandmas With Green Thumbs
- CLEANER AIR: Our variety pack of live air purifying plants helps keep your indoor air fresh and clean by naturally filtering out pollutants and toxins. Many indoor plants also act as natural humidifiers, adding moisture in the air so you can breathe better
If your grandmother loves plants and to work with plants, they why not give her more than she can nurture? Yes, Amazon does sell live plants!
For The Readers
- Kindle Paperwhite – Now with a 6.8” display and thinner borders, adjustable warm light, up to 10 weeks of battery life, and 20% faster page turns.
What I love the most about Kindle readers is that you can size the font to whatever is easiest for you to read. No need for a magnifier! On top of that, you can order a book through Kindle and start reading it within a minute or two.
- Each berry is delicately hand dipped and decorated in our own kitchen for both culinary artistry and exquisitely decadent taste
These are the sweetest treats that I have had the pleasure of eating and gifting! The strawberries are large and juicy and the chocolate is just enough to satisfy that chocolate craving. Your grandmother will love them!
- DEPENDABLE COMFORT: This versatile power lift recliner chair is the perfect choice for a mainstay in your living space, with built-in cupholders that allow for further lounging convenience
Many older adults have trouble getting up from a chair, especially a comfortable recliner. So why not gift your beautiful grandmother a new Lift Chair!
- 【Best gift for lover one】Skyzoo digital picture frame is a perfect gift for new parents, grandparents, newlyweds, college kids, or families separated by distance. design for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, wedding anniversaries, graduation ceremonies, family gatherings, parties, and other important days.
Honestly, every grandparent should have a digital frame! It’s such a wonderful way to have a continuous flow of updated photos sent to you from your family!
The Gift Of Getting Things Done
Many grandmothers and older women live alone. So, they need help every now and then with things that need to get done around the house or sometimes just everyday things like running errands, etc. Task Rabbit is a great service to help with all of that.
Whatever you choose, she’s sure to appreciate the thoughtfulness behind it. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
What Can Grandkids Make For Grandparents For Christmas?
If you’re looking for some last minute Christmas gift ideas for grandparents, why not try making something yourself? A DIY Christmas gift are always appreciated, and there are plenty of easy projects that even the youngest kids can help with. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- A photo album or frame filled with pictures of the grandkids.
- A homemade card or picture frame decorated with handprints or footprints.
- A mug or ornament personalized with the grandkids’ names and/or pictures.
- A batch of homemade cookies, candies, or other treats.
- Homemade ornaments can be a wonderful traditional gift that you give each year.
Check out all the great ideas here at Reasons To Skip The Housework!
Whatever you make, be sure to put a lot of love into it – that’s what grandparents really cherish most!
Do you have any other great ideas for last minute Christmas gifts for grandparents? Share them in the comments below!
How Can I Make My Grandparents’ Christmas Special?
There are so many ways to make your grandparents’ Christmas special. Here are just a few ideas:
1. Spend time with them. One of the best gifts you can give your grandparents is your time. Plan a visit, go out to lunch or dinner, or just spend an afternoon chatting with them. They’ll love having you around.
2. Give them a gift from the heart. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but a gift that comes from the heart will mean the world to your grandparents. Consider making them a homemade card or craft, or giving them a photo album filled with memories.
3. Do something nice for them. Make sure your grandparents are taken care of this holiday season by doing something nice for them. Offer to help with Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, or decorating their home. They’ll appreciate your thoughtfulness.
4. Give them a call. If you can’t be with your grandparents in person, pick up the phone and give them a call. They’ll love hearing from you, and it will help them feel connected to you this holiday season.
5. Send a handwritten letter. A handwritten letter is a thoughtful and personal gift that your grandparents will cherish. Take the time to sit down and write out your thoughts and feelings for them. They’ll be touched by your words.
We hope these ideas have inspired you to find the perfect last minute Christmas gift for your grandparents. They deserve the best, and we know you can make them feel special this holiday season.
This article has affiliate or sponsored links. If you buy something through those links we may earn a small commission. This won’t cost you extra. We only recommend things we really think are good, not just to make money. For more details, see our Affiliate Disclaimer.